Hit Counter

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Change Your Clothes

I was listening to a CD I haven't heard for years. I obviously listened to it a great deal, because I knew all the words. Funny, I don't recall listening to it that much, yet there it is in my head! The CD is called, "Revival in Belfast," featuring singer/songwriter Robin Mark. The lyrics or "Garments of Praise" are as follows:

"Put on the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness - let the oil of gladness flow down from your throne...Put on the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness - your joy is my strength alone..."

These lyrics are actually scripture from Isaiah 61:3. The idea of replacing the "spirit of heaviness" with "garments of praise" is extremely interesting. Could it be that the way to gain joy in life is to offer the "sacrifice of praise" and actually worship amidst pain and heaviness? Would putting on the "garments of praise" actually cause me to shrink back - have God become magnified and see my heaviness disipate?

I believe now that John the Baptist's words, "He must increase, I must decrease" are the absolute key to life down here, and hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment