Hit Counter

Monday, July 19, 2010

GOD on the Road

I read a bit of "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller today.. He mentioned that he saw God as a man who was walking toward him on a road. A picture immediately came into my mind - God and me in a desert - He's in a white gown, long brown hair - He's off in the distance - it is really, really hot - heat waves are bouncing off the ground (distorting God's outline)...He's walking toward me, but doesn't seem to get any closer... That image flashed in my mind in all of about 2 seconds flat.

The key to the image is the proportionate distance from my location to God's. It's far. He's far, He's fuzzy. That's me, now. I know it won't always feel this way...And I'm sure that God's desire is for us to see Him walking beside us, clear as a bell - close and in control.

Can we get there in our spiritual lives here? Would it even be good for us to feel like that all the time? Do we need periods where God is more a mirage than a reality? (Begrudgingly) Probably...

I believe Heaven will hold the reality of a close God-proximity. We are getting closer to that eternal reality - and it will bring the greatest relief the human experience has ever known. The opposite human eternity to me, would be a ton of people, on the road - with no God in sight. Ever. "Seek the Lord while he may be found."

No comments:

Post a Comment