Hit Counter

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love


The Elementary Teacher wrote:
He came to my desk with a quivering lip,
"Have you a new sheet for me dear Teacher,
I've spoiled this one."
I took his sheet all spoiled and blotted
and gave him a new one all unspotted
and into his tired heart I cried,
"Start again my child..."

I went to the throne with a trembling heart
the day was done...
"Have you a new day for me, Dear Master,
I've spoiled this one."
He took my day all spoiled and blotted
and gave me a new one all unspotted
and into my tired heart He cried,
"Start over my child..."

2 comments:

  1. Did you get this from the Ravi Zacharias podcast the other day? Curious - I googled the words of the poem, and your blog came up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! That struck me very hard!

    ReplyDelete